Malta Association of Credit Management
The Malta Association of Credit Management (MACM) was set up in June 2001 following a number of bankruptcies in the retail sector, a slowing down of payments by customers in all areas of the economy, and a large number of dishonoured cheques being faced by manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers in the Maltese business arena.
MACM is a legal entity by its own Statute, is a members-owned, a non-profit-making organisation, and is made up of Maltese organisations coming from different sectors of the Maltese economy, all selling to the local market on credit.
Today, MACM represents a substantial share of the economy with its Members’ total annual turnover amounting to Lm465,000,000, and employing more than 12,000 people.
The Mission of MACM is achieved by a number of actions, including:
- fostering and facilitating of the exchange of credit information
- encouraging efficient service in the collection of amounts due,
- disseminating useful and instructive articles and ideas with respect to credit management techniques,
- promoting economy and efficiency in the handling of estates of insolvent, distressed or bankrupt debtors and
- promoting, supporting or opposing any legislative or other measures which effect the aforesaid interests represented in these and other developments.
In a meeting held in Oslo, Norway, on the 16 May 2003, MACM has applied for membership with FECMA – Federation of European Credit Management Associations, which request was approved unanimously by all the twelve national association members.
Malta Association of Credit Management (MACM)
86/2, Triq ta’ Mellu
Mosta MST 06
Tel. 00356 21 423638 / 9